Bramell, Party of Five: Grand Lake Vacay

Friday, August 1, 2014

Grand Lake Vacay

As per my current pattern of blogging, this post is long overdue. I suppose there is a silver lining to my tardiness; the fun of the summer will carry on long after it's over as we relive the memories here.

Over the Memorial Day weekend, we made a trip to Oklahoma to use our timeshare condo there for the first time. We were at Grand Lake, which is near the town of Grove. It reminded me a lot of the many trips I took to Heber when I was a kid--mostly a "lake town" with not much else to do.  It was heavenly! We visited the State Park nearby, where we walked a trail, played on the playground and hung out in the nature center. It was nothing fancy and kept us entertained for half a day or so.  Most of the weekend was spent in the swimming pool, because that's really all my kids are interested in. We also took them down to the lake, where they "went fishing" for about five minutes.





At the State Park, where we picked up rocks and introduced the kids to honeysuckle.



Love this sweet daddy-daughter moment!




In his happy place.






Checking out the toad that we found on our balcony.








And finally, to cap off our weekend...we took a little side trip to DISNEY! The kids were obviously less than thrilled when they found out it wasn't that Disney.  Yes, it was a mean trick but it was hilarious and a memory that this family will never forget.  I had no idea that we live only about 1.5 hours from the real Disney! Maybe we can go back next year, too.


1 comment:

  1. It looks like y'all had fun. Nothing makes me happier than getting away with my little family for some adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or thought on this topic. I want to hear from you!

 
Blogging tips